You probably already knew that drinking green tea has plenty of health benefits – but did you know that it can make you more beautiful?
The truth is that green tea isn’t going to miraculously turn you from an ugly duckling to a supermodel overnight. But it can do amazing things. Here are some of the facts that green tea researchers have found:
– It helps your gums stay healthy so your teeth don’t fall out.
– The Vitamin C in green tea helps your gums heal. (Acids and bacteria in your mouth are the main causes of periodontal disease (soft, bleeding gums). Green tea contains “catechins.” Catechins keep the acids in check and they prevent the bacteria from reproducing. The result: your gums stay nice and healthy and pink, and your teeth stay in.)
– It prevents cavities and bad breath. (Cavities and bad breath are caused by the same things (acids and bacteria)… So the catechins in green tea fight cavities and bad breath, as well.)
– It helps you look young by smoothing out your wrinkles and by reducing damage to your skin from UV rays. (Catechins aren’t just for killing bacteria and getting rid of acids. They also reactivate dying skin cells! That makes them very good for smoothing out wrinkles.)
Green tea contains anti-oxidants (cancer-fighters) that reduce the damage that the UV light in normal sunlight does to your skin. This slows down the aging process and helps you look younger, longer.
– It helps you lose weight. If you’re concerned about your weight, green tea can help you keep it under control. It’s those darned catechins, again. They help decrease body fat and speed up fat oxidation. Studies also show that the theanine and caffeine in green tea combine to help keep your body from making more body fat.
The humble old green tea can do all kinds of wonderful things for you to help keep you beautiful. But of course, you have to use common sense with this. You can’t suck on lollipops all day long and drink a cup of green tea and expect it to protect you from cavities. Likewise, you can’t eat a steady diet of cheese and high fat dairy products and just drink a cup of green tea and expect to not get fat.
The best way to go is to take care of yourself by eating right, exercising, brushing your teeth… But you might want to add a new habit to all of that. You can start drinking green tea.