The number of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) of Waziristan is increasing by each passing day as government of Pakistan continues with Zarb-e-Azb, the military offensive against taliban and foreign militants in waziristan.
Immediately after airstrikes in North Waziristan Agency by Pakistan Air Force on 21st May 2014, mass exodus of the population started from the area on 22nd May 2014.
According to the numbers provided by FATA Disaster Management Authority,
4,55,597 8,52,495 individuals have registered as IDPs so far.
Besides sending cash through below mentioned charity organizations, NGOs and groups, you can support by providing following commodities. Please do not donate old/expired stuff. Make sure edible items are hygienic and properly packed.
– Clothing: Clothes of various sizes, Beddings, Shoes
– Utensils: Jerricans (large plastic cans that hold 20 liters of water or other liquids), Crockery, Buckets
– Toiletries: Tissues, Soaps, Dettol (antibacterial cleaners), Towels
– Food: Rice, Sugar, Flour (Atta), Onions, Potatoes, Cooking oil, Tea, Milk (tetra packs or powder), Safe drinking water, Cooked Food
1. Water purification tablets.
2. Life saving drugs.
3. Vaccines for malaria, cholera, typhoid, influenza.
4. Pain killers including strong ones like morphine derivatives, tremadol, pethadine, kinz .
5. Antibiotics e.g. tetnus, amoxil, gentamycin.
6. IV cannulas
7. IV Drip sets
8. IV drips: normal saline, ringerlactate
9. Local anesthetics (injections)
10. Cotton bandages, cotton.
11. Surgical instruments: e.g needle holders, forceps, tweezers.
12. Suturing materials, Skin staples.
Where to donate for Waziristan IDPs:
Al-Khidmat Foundation Pakistan: accepting donations at their various offices and bank accounts across Pakistan. [details at their website]
Falah-e-Insaniat Foundation has set up camps at Bannu and Dera Ismail Khan. Contact their website for details.
Imran Khan Foundation accepting donations in their MCB Bank account, as follows:
Bank: MCB Bank Ltd.
Branch Code: 1522
Title: Imran Khan Foundation
A/c Number: 0527-2203-9100-2952
Swift Code: MUCBPKKAPIA
Khyber Girls Medical College, Peshawar is collecting donations which will be used to purchase relief goods and transported to IDP camps. Contact their focal person as follows, or visit their website.
Focal person for information : Dr. Shams Suleman (Director Establishment, KGMC, Peshawar) and Dr. Nabeela Sher Muhammad ( Deptt. Of Biochemistry, KGMC, Peshawar)
Principal office: (+92)91-9217701
Hum Qadam has set up a food relief for camp for Waziristan IDPs at The International School near Mohatta Palace, Karachi. Visit their Facebook page for details.
Meena Gabeena is collection contributions for Waziristan IDPs. Please check her facebook page for details.
International Charity Organizations collecting donations for Waziristan IDPs:
Muslim Charity, an organization in the UK, is accepting donations at its website.
ICNA Relief Canada, with the help of it’s local partners, has set up 9 Relief Camps in the Bannu district as of June 25th, 2014. Some of the following has been done in the Bannu District
For donations, please visit their website.
Do you know someone who can help Waziristan IDPs? Please share your feedback and suggestions.