Here are my top 10 skin tips.
1. Protect yourself from the sun, use sunscreen and avoid direct sunlight between the hours of 10 – 2.
2. Don’t smoke. Your skin is a large organ and it needs lots of circulation. Smoking impairs that dramatically. That’s why smokers’ skin looks dull and gray. Instead of having oxy-generated blood delivered to the surface of the skin, they’re getting poisons and oxidants.
3. Get adequate rest and nutrition.
4. Protect yourself from stress, both emotional and environmental stress.
5. Wash your face twice a day.
6. Don’t neglect certain areas of the skin. Elbows, heels, neck, and décolletages need moisturizing. Also, your scalp and the tops of your feet need sun protection.
7. Touch your face less and wash your hands more! Don’t get too surgical on yourself. It’s very tempting to pick, poke, squeeze, and scratch in front of the mirror. But the more you traumatize the skin, the greater your risk of scarring.
8. Keep your makeup clean. Replace the sponges in your compact on a regular basis.
9. Exercise moderation. More is not always better. Moisturizer, for example, is the most overused product. We’ve been confused by cosmetic companies into thinking every square inch of our body has to be slathered. And it’s simply not true.
10. Keep your routine simple. And when you do add a new product, do it gradually so your skin has time to adjust. Each skincare or makeup product has an average of 20 to 40 ingredients which means that you’re introducing 20 to 40 potential allergens to your face every time you try something new.