Everything is fair in love and war and Pakistan have both with India but this time love is in the air across the border. Now that’s what is called the real upset in sporting world. The news of the year comes out of the blue from former Pakistan cricket team captain, Shoaib Malik who is now officially engaged with Sania Mirza, the star tennis player of neighboring India. The wedding ceremony will take place in April. However, Sania’s father was quoted as saying that the date for the marriage has not yet finalized.
The news leads to a flabbergasted response on social media probably because there was no affair or scandal been made earlier. Shoaib has stolen the show while remaining low profile. Here is an expression of Indo Pak twitter users about the cross border sporting ties.
• Sania Mirza weds Shoaib Malik … Thats a April fool joke… ppl plz dont fall for this joke!!! G. Deep Kiran
• Sania Mirza will b marrying Shoaib Malik. WTF? if she was so desperate 2 get married,y didn’t she participate in Rahul Mahajan’s Swayamvar?? Aadeesh Deshpande
• Sania Mirza n Shoaib Malik to get married?!!! Did not see that coming. #WTF #OMGfacts #Sania Samadrita
• 3 tweets by TOI one after other … Pakistan to normalize relation with India – Sania Mirza engaged to Shoiab Malik – curfew in Hyderabad 🙂Vishal Govind Khera
• Sania Mirza rejected all Indians… Pakistani ZidabadNusrat Zoha
• Indians say we stole your water you stole our Sania Mirza hisaab barabar…Anas Muhammad
The reaction from Pakistan side is welcoming but it seems that the news is still indigestible by the Indians. Thanks to social media that it is easy as well as intresting to catch what the people are saying around the globe regarding any happening in the world. One can hope that the marriage will become the symbol of peace and harmony among the nations too.