Smartchoice is an online platform built for the convenience of internet users who are looking for better internet connections in their locality. This service helps broadband consumers find great deals and packages offered by popular internet providers of Pakistan including Mobilink, Nayatel, PTCL, Qubee, Telenor, Ufone, Wi-tribe, Worldcall and Zong. All deals and packages have […]
Archive | Technology RSS feed for this section
Pardesi Media based out of United States has released a free interactive app “Urdu Ustad” that introduces kids to Urdu alphabets and words. The original audiences of the app were families who immigrated to non-Urdu speaking countries, and needed ways for their kids to stay connected to their culture and language. Recently majority of downloads […]
ITCN Asia is annual Information and Communication Technology event in Karachi. The 2013 edition of ITCN Asia was organized on October 8-10 at Karachi Expo Center. ITCN Asia had two segments, the technology workshops and the exhibition. The workshops covered eBanking & Finance, eGovernment, Digital Marketing and eLearning among other topics. My observations of ITCN Asia 2013 are based […]
Bahria Town, the pet project of billionaire tycoon Malik Riaz, came under a cyber attack when its website was defaced by some local hacker. Apparently the reason for hacking the website is recent failed Bahria Town deal with Abu Dhabi group to build world’s tallest building in Karachi. The message at Bahria Town website, at […]
JugnooMedia has released a mobile app titled “Duddoo Aur Dhobi” for toddlers and children 1-3 year old. Aimed at providing fun content for Indian, Pakistani and other South Asian children, the app is based on two popular Urdu nursery rhymes “O Baba duddoo’a” and “Dhobi aaya”. It is a ‘digital toy’, which provides a highly […]
The asteroid 2012 DA14 is a near-Earth asteroid with an estimated diameter of about 50 meters and an estimated mass of about 190,000 metric tons. Asteroid 2012 DA14 was discovered by a team of amateur astronomers affiliated with the La Sagra Sky Survey at the Astronomical Observatory of Mallorca in southern Spain on Feb. 23, […]
PKNIC, the internet registry managing top level domains in Pakistan, is defaced by PakBugs. This is another successful hacking / defacing attempt at PKNIC, shows how pathetic security situation of the service provider that still lives in the 90s.
In this era of energy crisis, engineers are working hard to find possibilities for maximum efficiency with minimum power consumption. Considering the same goal, Shell organizes a competition with the name Shell Eco-Marathon where young engineers of different institutes from all over the world bring their vehicles, especially designed for better mileage. The competition takes […]
ITCN Asia 2012 was held at Karachi Expo Center during September 18-20. While the event started on 18th, it was officially inaugurated on the 19th by Sindh IT Minister Faisal Subzwari. I visited ITCN on the 2nd day, well before the good Minister came for the inauguration. I found the event dull and lackluster. Attendance […]
A hacker by the name of ‘No Swear’ defaced the News One website in response to insufficient coverage of Burma killings by the media. The website was not harmed, and has currently been restored. The message can be read below: Op#Inqilab E Pakistan | Burma Awareness No Swear Was Here …! This hack is demonstrated […]
- Karim Mombani: Believe me this news is a hoax and is still prevai...
- rani pari: Ya I have also seen a horror house in wah cantt .....
- marem: wash with manzil 7 times water, drink 1 glass befo...
- Hassan: I know right? That's exactly what was going in mi...
- aamir: Salam mje hamzad k bary me mukamal malomat chahiye...
- Solomon: Damn man. That was savage. Impressed....
- Zeeshan: I didn't believe in any such thing but then there...
- Sarmad osmany: My name is sarmad it means the ever living and li...
- All Children Killed In Peshawar School Attack Were Boys: Why Media not telling this? January 21, 2015
- The Underlying Agenda Of Feminists And What Feminism Truly Stands For October 19, 2014
- How MQM destroyed Karachi and the Urdu Speaking Mohajirs June 8, 2014
- 15 Reasons Why Gender Equality Does Not Exist April 18, 2015
- Top 10 Signs Of Having An Abusive Wife February 23, 2015
- Gender Pay Gap Is Non-Existent And The Myth Should Be Dispelled August 28, 2014
- Dowry Deaths Of Men Far Exceed Those Of Women – Why Is The Indian Media Silent? December 30, 2014
- Open Letter To Malala Yousufzai August 13, 2014
- Ideas2016: Annual International Defence Exhibition And Seminar at Karachi Expo Center November 21, 2016
- Karachi crumbles as the rain pours August 6, 2016
- Evolution of Fashion in Pakistan April 30, 2016
- How to beat the heatwave: Save yourself and others from effects of heatstroke April 22, 2016
- Best Online Shopping Stores in Lahore March 19, 2016
- Decay of the Educational System February 25, 2016
- Pakistan Airways registered as PIA selloff becomes imminent February 21, 2016
- A year after Army Public School Peshawar Massacre December 17, 2015