In the last 10 years a large number of women have made their ways to corporate environment and started their working lives, this has brought positive as well as negative impact on not only their own lives but also on the lives of those connected to them, especially their children. Bond among parents and children is getting weaker and it has been observed that since both the parents are working, generation gap is increasing. Now parents usually do not have proper time to pay attention towards their children.
Following are some tips of becoming considerate parents:
– Never quarrel in the front of children, as it shatters their confidence and they stop sharing their problems since they observe that their parents are even unable to resolve their own problems.
– Never shout on any one in the front of them.
– Give them proper attention and ask them what they do in school on daily basis.
– Take interest in the problems of your children and listen them carefully.
– Always attend parents-teacher meeting and ask teachers about the behavior of child in the school.
– Never criticize them or scold them in the front of anyone, having any problem with their behavior, discuss with them in the soft tone.
– Always appreciate them on their achievements and in their failures, be their strength.
– Avoid the biased attitude among children and give all of them equal time and attention.
– Let them be what they want to be in their lives and never force them to adopt the profession of your choice.
– Keep an eye on their company and the matters of their interest, in order to prevent them from being involved in bad company.
– Maintain the relation of trust and confidence with them and make them realize that you will help them most in any situation whether good or bad and where possible prove it also, so that they do not hide any thing from you.
– Always let them complete their discussion, never start shouting or scolding before having the complete knowledge of the matter.
– Never show them that you do not believe them, in order to get confirmation on any matter, do not confirm anything in the front of them and if your child is lying to you, simply tell him/her that you know the whole scenario and they can not hide anything from you, make them realize that you are the one who is able to solve their problems so there is no point of lying.